Friday, March 9, 2012

Aunt Kelsey came to VIsit!!!!!!

My sister Kelsey came to see us over President's Day weekend. It was such a blessing. January was such a hard month for me. The excitement of Christmas was gone and the reality that I am so far (I know not really, but it feels like it) from my family sunk in. Moving has been extremely hard for me. Of course I love Yucaipa and the people are all friendly and Ky's parents and sister are close, but making friends does not come easy for me. The Legacy Apartments made it sooooooo easy...you just had to step outside and you had friends. Here it takes Mega effort which isn't always my strength. Sometimes I feel like I'm in this bubble world with only me, Kylie, and Mads and in the evening Ky. I'm one of those people that thrive on craziness, excitement, adventure, schedules,etc. I haven't had much of that here. Wow this is starting to sound like a pity party. What I 'm trying to say is Kels came at the perfect time for me. Since her visit things have just been better. A few of Kyle's old High School friends and I started a mom's group every week which has been so much fun for both me and the girls, we have been trying to invite people over at least every other week, and it seems to be helping a lot in the friend department. We are still looking for a house and I have a feeling it will be around the corner. We (Kyle) are being very picky as to which house we are going to get because I'm pretty sure it will be the one we live in forever. House hunting is sooooooo fun yet sooooooo stressful at the same time. Really I have no complaints and being a mom really is the greatest thing and moving has been the right thing for us.
Ok back to Kelsey here are a few pics from her visit.

Aunt Kel Kel gave them rides in the laundry basket.






Kylie get her nails painted...which she loves....by Kelsey


Don't mind the unfolded laundry in the back. My baby is looking so big...sniff...sniff. She finally got her first tooth at 13 months.



Kels took some pics for me of the girls wearing their fruit candy cane outfits. I was planning on having them wear what was underneath, but it was too cold.







2 comments:

  1. You are definitely not the only one who found moving hard! Just read my posts and you will feel completely normal! It's hard to leave what you know and I definitely hear you on the friends thing. It takes so much for me to get out of my comfort zone and I feel like I am "forcing" friendships. But it's worth it when you try! Glad to hear you are doing good at it! And I can't believe your girls. So big!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Definitely know what you mean about feeling in your own world with your kids sometimes. It's hard to push yourself to make friends/new schedule/new life in a new place. Wish we could get together and have the kids play!

    ReplyDelete