Friday, February 27, 2015

San Diego Zoo

On Wednesday we went to the San Diego Zoo with our homeschool group. On our way up Phoebe threw up all over herself (it felt like deja vu, a couple years ago I went when Mads was little and the same thing happened). We were half way there and I am not a good navigator so I kept driving, poor Phoebe. Luckily we made it in record time and I happened to have brought a change of clothes so it turned out ok. The smell lingered in our car for awhile, but it could have been worse. We had such a good time. Since we are learning about China our first stop had to be the Panda Bears. The zoo is so big we didn't see everything this time, but the girls had a lot of fun with everyone else.

You thought I meant real pandas didn't you?



This is the mama bear:)

And here is her teenager. They are considered full grown at 5. Kylie thought that was funny.




The polar bear was super active. It was so fun to watch her swim around and eat. The zoo keeper said she was showing off for everyone.
Elephants have always been my favorite animal.





The sloth.


I think the girls liked the fake animals better than the real.

A peacock was walking around as we were sitting talking.


2 comments:

  1. I'm so jealous! We were in San Diego right after the baby panda was born and I wanted to go, but we did Sea World instead. I'm thinking it's a must when we go back in a few years! I'm loving all these updates! Keep 'em coming!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Next time Simon and I come out we want to go!

    ReplyDelete