Sunday, March 24, 2013

Big girl bed!

We finally put Mad's in a big girl bed. We have had some late nights...and not because of a new baby. Maddie only comes out a few hundred times. And when she is not coming out she is jumping on Kylie's bed having a great time. Tonight was the third night...I think it was all quiet by 8:40 PM. The first night it was 10 something. We are going in the right direction. Kyle and I decided that Maddie must not need as much sleep. Even when she had her own room sleeping in the crib we could here her talking to herself for a couple hours before she would fall asleep and then she would be the first one up. Kylie on the other hand hits her pillow and is out. She definitely needs more sleep. We decided to cut out Maddie's nap as well. Today at dinner we had spaghetti and while she was waiting for me to come wipe her off her head started bobbing and she almost fell asleep. We'll see what happens.

Random side note. For the last while when I talk I tend to only say the first part of a word. For example if I need some pepperoni from the store I would say: "Ky, could you go and get me some peps from the store." and then he would get upset (not really) and say: "Just say the whole word you are going to mess up our children." Well the other day Kyle was out working in the yard and the girls were out with him. Kylie had hurt her knee a few days earlier. In our house we call them boo boos. So Kyle had come close to Kylie for something and Kylie said: "Daddy watch out for my boobs!" When he told me I almost died laughing. I guess I better watch out. Others in my fam do the same thing I had to warn them. Kira said Jeffrey is already saying butt for butter. Hopefully our kids will turn out ok.

Ky tucked in the blanket tight in hopes to trap her. We did end up tying their door shut with some rope and it seemed to solve the problem of Maddie coming out. (don't judge)
Of course Kylie needed a picture.

1 comment:

  1. My favorite part of this post: "Others in my FAM do the same thing." You did it again! Ha!!

    ReplyDelete